Baccarat is a casino online game in which you have players betting on the odds of whether the player or the dealer will come up with a value that is as close to 9 as possible, for a card of two hands. While this may seem straightforward enough when you first come across it, the game does get a bit tricky and what can make it even more complicated for newbies is the fact that there is a whole lot of terminology used that you may not be able to keep track of when you first start to play the game. That is why, we are dedicating this entire article to explaining to you the top ten Baccarat lingos so that you even you can understand the terminology used while playing this casino online game.
Lingos to Know While Playing Baccarat Casino Online Game
- 1. Baccarat: Baccarat may refer to the name of this casino online game, but it is also another term for the losing hand, or a hand that has a total value of zero. If you have a hand value of zero, you may need to pick yourself a third card so that you can bring up your card value during the next round of wagering.
- 2. Banco / Banker: The banker is the term used for one of the hands in the game. It is not a term that is used to describe the dealer or the house. If you have placed a banker bet, it means that you have wagered on the hand that you have identified as the banker hand.
- 3. Coup: One round of the casino online game is called a coup.
- 4. Face card: This is a card that has a human face on it, like the Queen, King or Jack. All of these cards have zero value in Baccarat.
- 5. Natural: A hand is said to be a natural hand if it has a total card value that is equal to 8 or 9. If you have a natural hand, you are not allowed to pick a third card.
- 6. Player: The other hand in the game, apart from the banker hand, is called the player hand. If you place a player bet, you have bet on the player hand. A person who plays this casino online game is called a punter.
- 7. Punto: This is a term used to describe the player hand. You will also hear the term Punto Banco being used.
- 8. Tie: When you place a bet in Baccarat, you can either bet on the banker or the player or you can bet on a tie happening. The odds for a tie are generally considered to be the lowest and it refers to when both the player and the banker hands are of equal value.
- 9. Upcard: This is a card that is dealt face up, so that it can be looked at by other players during the game.
- 10. Shoe: This is the box or section of the table from which the cards are dealt.