There are several types of bets in online Roulette, and it helps your game to know which bets to make so that you can own the table. There are huge differences in the way inside bets and outside bets are treated, and it will help your game immensely to know the difference between each one.
Outside Bets in Online Roulette
- Red or Black: On the Roulette wheel, you have 18 numbers of red and 18 numbers of black. If you bet on either of these colours, you will win the bet amount along with the same amount in cash if the ball lands on the same colour.
- Odd or Even: On the Roulette wheel, you can choose to place your bet on the numbers, and bet that the ball will either land on an odd or an even number. If you are right, you will get your money back along with the same amount in cash payouts.
- 1 to 18 and 19 to 36: Another way to bet on the wheel is to divide the numbers into two sets: If the ball lands on one from 1 to 18, or if it lands one a number between 19 and 36, you get the chance to win.
- Dozens: This splits up the Roulette wheel into three dozens. You can bet that the ball will land on the first 12 numbers, or the next 12 or the last 12, and you can win as much as 2 is to 1.
- Columns: You can place a bet on any of the three columns on the Roulette wheel so that you can get a payout of 2 to 1.
Inside Bets in Online Roulette
- Single number: You can bet on a grid that contains a particular number, like 0 and 00, so that you can get as much as 35 to 1 of your wager.
- Split: If you place a bet on two numbers on the wheel, you can win as much as 17 to 1 of your wager.
- Street: You can place a wager that the ball will land on a particular row of three consecutive numbers, called a street, and you can win 11 to 1 of your wager.
- Corner: Four adjacent numbers on an online Roulette wheel are called a corner. You can win 8 to 1 if you place a bet on a corner.
- Five number: The five number bet is one of the worst bets you can make in online Roulette. In this bet, you place a wager on the zero pockets, and numbers 1 through 3. The bet is affected by a house edge of 7.89% and pays 6 to 1. This bet is not available in French Roulette as it lacks the 00 grid.
- Double Street: This is a wager placed on six numbers that are in adjacent three number rows so that you get a payout of 5 to 1.
With these tips, you are sure to master your online Roulette game, as long as you place the right bets on the right grids.